So, you're looking at hitting the road. You've got a long-awaited vacation planned. Maybe it's just a weekend getaway. Wherever you're headed, you'd love it if you could take a toy or two along for the ride -- a couple jet skis, maybe a dirt bike or two, or a powerboat. Perhaps just a second vehicle.
Whatever you're trailering, you'll want to do things safely. That means installing a few key OEM towing parts first. For example:
- A trailer hitch or hitch adapter. Also called a hitch receiver, this component hooks up to the frame of your vehicle. What it does is enable attaching other trailering parts, like a ball mount and trailer ball.
- A ball mount and trailer ball. These attach to your setup's trailer coupler.
- A hitch pin or a hitch lock. You stick one of these in your trailer ball. They'll help keep your hitch and receiver together better.
- Trailer lighting. You'll want the kind that work with your taillights. What trailer lights do is indicate the position of your load on the road.
- Trailer brakes. Get the type that integrate with the brakes on your vehicle. For heavier loads, they'll add some much-needed stopping power.
- A wiring harness. This lets you easily add both trailer lights and a trailer brake system. It'll even allow connecting an auxiliary power source, should you need to.
- A safety chain. This helps prevent trailers detaching from a vehicle. It'll be your last resort, but a vital one.
Set everything up, and you'll be pretty much set to start hauling. Most importantly, you'll enjoy smooth, stable, and effective towing, around corners, up hills, and over bumps alike.
Get Hauling in No Time | Order Genuine GM Towing Parts Online
Rolling out? Take care of all the necessary upgrades beforehand. Buy the best trailer towing components you can get for the trip -- genuine OEM -- from our auto parts store. We'll ship fast and deliver right to your door.
No results found for "tow, hitch, towing, receiver". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!